Tuesday 28 June 2011

Time to Boycott Arsenal

I always said that towards the end of the season after our dismal appearances that I'm not going to spend anymore money on Arsenal until they get their priorities corrected. My confidence as an Arsenal fan in the squad that we have at our disposal has depleted gradually ever since our move to the money maker that is the Emirates, or as our neighbours down the other end of Seven Sister Road call 'Cash'burton Grove.

Don't get me wrong, I still adore my Arsenal, yet as the view of fans voting with their feet, to show their discontent, I have done that very much so with choosing not to renew my membership for this season approaching. The club doesn't deserve my money if it isn't being well spent on new recruits, or that my money is spent on players overly paid wages who aren't worthy of playing in the famous and prestigious red and white.

Also the new home shirt, which looks nice at a distance, isn't the same once taken a closer look at. The shirt made out of bottles is exactly what it seems to have been made out of (rubbish). The new away shirt that Our Arsenal leaked just over a week ago is a no go area! Although blue away shirts tend to be very popular and have been proven to sell more than yellow away kits. Personally I prefer our yellow away kits, the bets yellow kit was that in our unbeaten season. Obviously because it links with our success in that shirt in the 70's. 

The £5 hike on the shirts starting from last season just isn't worth it and forces me to part with my money at retailers who charge a more reasonable price. Therefore I won't be buying the new home shirt till I've seen positive ins and outs for the squad. And I'm usually one to buy the shirt as soon as possible once launched at 'The Armoury'.

Arsenal home (left) and away (right) kits for the new season.

My own personal boycott may seem irrelevant to you. But the fans shouldn't just throw verbal abuse towards the club, that won't achieve nothing alone. But hit the club where it hurts most (their pockets) then they may start to change their approach.

Would you do the same to make sure your club isn't becoming ambition-less and stagnant?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, boycott them. Cesc, Nasri, RvP ... Adebayor.. Usmnanov, Kroenke, et al are taking the piss. The club ceased to be Arsenal when they demolished Highbury, changed the badge and started pocketing the money.

    ReplyDelete